beginners intro of Gaslands co/op

these past several days my girlfriend was staying with me since she was having her place get repainted.
so i figured the other night to show and teach her how to play Gaslands.
such a mistake on my part.
just a small set up, using a 3x3 mat with some primed 40k Kill Team terrain pieces and racing gates.
after gate one vehicle weapons become active and ready to fire.

with the cars lined up i got the pole position and moved first.
we didn't use sponsor perks or any real advanced rules, just wanted to show her,
the basic move, fire and of course, collision.

her very first dice roll of the game.
two hazards and a slide. to me this was great so i had to take a pic.
at this point i talked about "Pushing It" with the dice.

with my first car out in front, my girlfriend took her car which is ironically named as her,
Rita, "55 Chevy armed with rockets,
and swerves out in front of my next car. honestly in my head this is the turning point of everything going south.

so i had to make some adjustments on how i wanted to move since i couldn't move forward.
still ended up clipping her.

Rita hits the junk pile in the middle of the way to get to Gate One.

her second car, Eleanor was stuck behind and was able to finally move.
i had to do some good turning to get my other car back into the race for Gate One.

Rita was able to cross Gate One first.
WEAPONS ONLINE and HOT!!

everyone is able to cross the first gate.
i was able to take some handgun shots to Rita and inflict some damage.
i wiped out with my Impala and my girl thought is was great to spin me in the wrong direction.

Rita works out range for her rockets and was able to deal some damage to my one car that
i put into reverse to save my other car.

with my one car that i went reverse, i went forward to get closer and opened up with my minigun and did enough damage to wreck her but since she still had ammo tokens her explosion did more damage to my Impala.

after all the carnage i am pleased to say she had fun and is eager to play again. I told her about Mishkin weapons and now she's keen on trying that sponsor team. i am afraid.

Comments

  1. Awesome! Get her the Mishkin Lightning Arc Cannon, I enjoyed using that last game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

◄ this week's popular posts ►

Grishnug and the Red Fangs (edited 3/3/24)

Nyarlathotep

Professor's Missing Daughter - Fistful of Lead