a dwarf and the merrymen of the forest

recently i found more miniatures that need much love and paint.
and i have to say after painting these i wish i still had my old Bretonnians
from back in the day.


Bertrand the Brigand and his Faithful Comrades,
or what my girlfriend calls them, the Men in Tights.


section featuring them from the 1999 Annual catalog.
as i was looking these up i was also
flipping through the pages of other Warhammer races that were out at this time
when these were released.
good times!


to keep Gui Le Gros like a poor friar,
i painted him with different shades of browns as such,
and then also not have his ale barrel match his clothing,
or least try not to.


i painted Bertrand the Brigand with the usual greens as Robin Hood would of been.
i went with a red feather in his cap and also carried this motif
when i went to paint Hugo Le Petit.


Hugo Le Petit was painted pretty much like Bertrand.
what makes him stand out is i went with making Hugo a redhead.



i found this rather small miniature in a box of mixed figures.
not sure of manufacture or year.
but i painted him as if he is wearing a glistening green armor.
the black wash made his skin darker than normal so he rather looks more sinister
than i first thought of.


and finally a dwarf warrior that was from an old plastic set
called Warhammer Regiment.
i have so many of these are gonna make a company of dwarves and let them
loose on the battlefield.

more to come..

Comments

  1. Great work on some classic figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks buddy, I wish I still had all my old school GW fantasy miniatures.

      Delete
  2. Good work there. I find those older models very appealing, it might be my age...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i wish i had my old figs still, would prob go back and repaint them.

      Delete
    2. I sold off a lot of mine. At the time it seemed a sensible idea, but I regret it now. I still have a few left that I am now painting.

      Delete
    3. moving a lot in the beginning of the 2000's, i couldn't say what happen to most of my collections, sadly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

◄ this week's popular posts ►

operation MotU: wave 2

Recovering Artifacts

beginning of a boomtown